The Brewer Family

The Brewer Family
2004 Picture

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Trip

For my birthday (Yeah--I am 54 and was born in '54-cool, huh?) I asked Jim for a date. We went to Albany, NY and took the Aqua Ducks tour. It is a bus that tours the town (with a guide) for an hour. Then the bus "turns" into a boat that cruises the Hudson River for about 1/2 hour.Here are some sights we saw on the tour.
A replica of Henry Hudson's boat--the "Half Moon" The Governor's Mansion in Albany, NY
Gargoyles drain rain water from a church in Albany, NYThe "Egg" for live performances in Albany.
The is the capitol building in Albany, NY.

WWII monument in Albany NY. Waters on the sides symbolize the two oceans on the sides of the USA which is represented by the eagle. The waters are churning to represent the turmoil of feelings in the US at the time.


5 comments:

Sheri Brewer said...

Looks like you had fun. It must have been nice to get out and spend some time together.

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Sheri, Yes it was. Relaxing and pleasant. Mom B

Dorcas said...

I'm glad you got to do something that looks like lots of fun for your "special" day!! Happy Belated Birthday!!

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Yes, and I had my love with me all by myself. Special times with Special People! Happiness is being married to your best friend. Jealous over her. 8~) Jim

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Love you,too, Honey. Lolly

33 years since that 1st benchmark of our love.

33 years since that 1st benchmark of our love.
Another Benchmark - notice I am NOT on the bench!

Jason & Sheri

Jason & Sheri
Wedding Day June 15, 2007

Aunt Doris

Aunt Doris
I used to be this small.

Small head ~

Small head ~
WITH LOTS OF HAIR