The Brewer Family

The Brewer Family
2004 Picture

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Valerie's creativity

Don't have a heart attack because I actually posted more that once in a week (let alone a month.) I am getting the hang of some of this. Lolly

Valerie has taken on a hobby full speed ahead. She enjoys sewing and creating costumes. She combines patterns, alters them, or makes part of the design herself. Here she models some of her finished projects (including the hat).



Below are some dresses styled from the mid-late 1800's. She really enjoys making these. She possesses imagination and ability in this area that I have no idea where she got it. She did a great job and I am very proud (in a good sense) of her.















7 comments:

Dorcas said...

She is a very pretty young lady and oh, so talented! Didn't she get her sewing abilities from you, Lolly??? :o)) Dennis got me a brand new sewing machine when our boys were pretty little. I haven't used it too much. This Spring I went to Joann's and bought fabric to make a cute skirt. Unfortunately, the fabric is still folded up :o( I have good intentions but seems never have time to sew. One day ~ maybe! I use to sew all the time but not now.

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Dorcas,
No, she did not get her abilities from me. I am very limited in that area of sewing. I cross stitch. She is using my "new" sewing machine. When she takes (and passes) her GED she gets a new one of her own. Lolly

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

I messed up on the PS to Dorcas. Thank you for your comments about Valerie. You should get out that material and make something special. It may put you in the mood to do more.

lauraliz said...

WOW, She does a really good job. I love the hat and the outfit with it!
~Laura

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Laura,
thank you. sometime if you are here she can show them all to you. She would enjoy sharing that with you. Jason's mom

Jeanne said...

love the outfits and especially the hat...

33 years since that 1st benchmark of our love.

33 years since that 1st benchmark of our love.
Another Benchmark - notice I am NOT on the bench!

Jason & Sheri

Jason & Sheri
Wedding Day June 15, 2007

Aunt Doris

Aunt Doris
I used to be this small.

Small head ~

Small head ~
WITH LOTS OF HAIR